Search on blog
Last blog articles
7 foods to perform better and recover faster
Categories : Health
We all want to get the best possible performance from what we do, from work to leisure time, to our favorite sport. The importance of a good recovery after training, lies largely in food and therefore we will offer some star foods to eat after training.
As soon as the exercise is over, the muscles need to recover from the lost energy and be able to cope with the ravages that exercise causes in them, and for that we must take care of the food we provide, since they need to receive proteins and carbohydrates to begin a recuperative process that will produce an increase of the musculature and an improvement of the reserves of the organism.
- Skimmed milk is one of the most helpful to achieve this goal. It is a food rich in proteins and sugars that will help us recover from the effort. But milk has against you that is a type of food that our body takes to assimilate, so we can opt for derivatives of this that are more digestive yogurt or fresh cheese.
- Eggs, the quality of egg protein is known and despite the existing fear of the yolk, due to its fat content, recent studies have shown that taking between 2 and 3 eggs (whole) after training generated a greater stimulation of the synthesis Protein compared to taking protein alone, in this case egg white (without the yolk).
- Tuna and turkey are usually other foods consumed by people who practice sports. They are two foods low in fat and rich in nutrients necessary for muscle recovery. Both contain high doses of protein, but are less rich in carbohydrates, so it is important to accompany them with some type of whole grain.
- Cocoa is an important source of antioxidants and has magnesium and B vitamins, which are involved in muscle recovery. Naturally increases energy levels in your body and improves blood flow. But we should not confuse cocoa with chocolate. Although it is true that chocolate has cocoa, but we must look at the percentages of sugar and cocoa in your chocolate tablet, the lower the amount of cocoa, the higher the amount of sugar in chocolate, so it is possible that the benefits that cocoa gives you are taking away the sugar.
- Avocado, has a large amount of vitamins, more potassium than banana and, among other things, multiplies by 15 the absorption of antioxidants.
- Green leafy vegetables, contain high contents of anti-inflammatory compounds that together with nitrates and antioxidants help fight the free radicals that you generate in training and favor a greater muscular recovery. If when we consume them we implement them, for example in salad, with the tuna previously described, it is the perfect tandem.
- Seeds and nuts, are a source of healthy fats (omega 3 fatty acids) and proteins that help with muscle growth and recovery, also providing Zinc, important for good muscle performance.
But all these recommendations would not be complete if we do not warn you about the foods that we should avoid so as not to hinder the recovery that we want to achieve after an effort, either when carrying out any sport activity, or simply an effort in our daily or work life. These foods or products that we should avoid are:
- Refined sugars
- Refined flour
- Sugary drinks